Re: [StrongED] Cursor and view positionning on line generating error in BasASM mode

In message <f9e9d6bd56.gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <CAFztDOmU2gZO4i_1XCDEgN50W4vMzUi9QLOn=-_30D75AzaYMg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Xavier Louis Tardy <xltardy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Silly question probably, but as I use SE to program ARM within BASIC,
> > what should I do to have the window and the cursor positioned where the line
> > of my error is (when assembling, that is RUNning the BASIC program).
>
> Use Joe Taylor's !Throwback. He wrote this in the early 80s before AppBasic.
> Somebody must have a copy somewhere.

A copy of Throwback can be found here: https://armclub.org.uk/32bit/
Another option is to use Reporter: http://www.avisoft.f9.co.uk/

However these won't help in this case as Xavier is running the program
outside of the desktop and throwback is a Wimp message based protocol.

To use throwback from outside the desktop would require the program to
store the error somewhere (file, sysvars). On return to the desktop an
application would check the file/sysvars and generate, if required, the
throwback messages using the information in the file/sysvars.

The information would be: error message, line number, program path. All
perfectly doable but it does require some effort to make it work.

A more simple solution would be to make sure that the program is saved
with line numbers starting at 1 and with an increment of 1. That way the
BASIC line numbers are the same as StrongED's internal line numbers.

Then you can get to the error line simply by using F5 and entering the
line number. However you do have to find the correct window yourself.

StrongED Developer