Re: [StrongED] Re: S & R query

In message <6b82d3b756.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <56b7c911f2Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> In the StrongHelp it looks like /r/xOA, but it's difficult to be sure
> >> in the typeface used.
>
> > \s = white
> > It includes space, TAB, and the characters used for Newline in the
> > document.
>
> According to the StrongHelp, \s is equivalent to \t\x0A. It is
> described as whitespace characters, but I don't see how that
> equivalence is for whitespace sharacters. To me it still looks liks
> tab followed by linefeed.

The StrongHelp manual states that \s is equivalent to '\t\x0A '. The
quotes are important here and indicate that \s represents a set.

A set is essentially an abbreviated way of writing a sequence of OR's.
Based on the StrongHelp page: \s  =  '\t\x0A '  =  \t | \x0A | " "

In reality it's: \s  =  White  =  '\x09-\x0D\x20\xA0'

StrongED Developer