[StrongED] Re: S & R query

In article <5424b0b756.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi

> Is there a way to use Search and Replace to replace two or more lines
> of text with one different line?

> If so, can part of one of the original lines be included in the
> replacement line?

> The example I want to do is:

> Original text is

> K%=FNwritebuf(A$,1)
> IF K%>0 THEN PROCwarn("Could not send all data: "+STR$ K%+" bytes not
> sent")

> The replacement should be

> PROCsendmessage(A$,1)

> Where the A4 and 1 need to be copied from original to replacement, as
> they could be, for example (b$,client%)

<"K%" * $ * $

finds K% at the start of a line, then searches forward for two line endings

Replace would be simply
"PROCsendmessage(A$,1)"

However this is clearly a BASIC program - so I could be wrong!

The instructions are near complete now and should certainly explain all of
this

http://diy.Torrens.org/RO/StrongED/man/search_adv.html

--
Richard Torrens.