[StrongED] Re: Manual - opinions?

In article <fc76d1b456.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > http://diy.Torrens.org/RO/StrongED/man/asr_examples/cnt.html

> I had no idea the 'cnt' operator existed - shouldn't it be on a button
> along with the others in the Search & Replace window?  (Instead of "\n",
> for example, which appears to duplicate a subset of "$")

Although I am using the StrongHelp instructions to write things up, there
is far more in there than, probably, anyone but Fred realises. I have
certainly learnt a lot and have much more to learn.

I thought I woud give my brain a rest from doing advamced S&R by doing
block handling. Even that is far more verstaile than I had realised!

But as to what facilities should be in the S&R menu - only a small amount
of what is possible is there. The menu would need to be a lot bigger - cnt
is probably not so high on the list!

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats