Re: [StrongED] Re: Inserting snippets

In message <56b436462fLists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <d3a1aeb356.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    John Rickman <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> StrogMen can be used to do this with the #type command. The snippet
>> identifiers appear in the StrongMen menu. It is useful, but it has
>> limitations. For example it is not good for inserting html tags. In
>> the example below I had to put a space after the less-than to make it
>> accept the string "< blockquote>"

> I use - almost exclusively - David Thomas' Makro. It can handle a number
> of different macro files, selected from a menu.

> The files it uses are easy to edit is StrongED - one line is displayed as
> the macro's name, the next line is the injected text, alternating down the
> file.

> You can put in |i to inject a TAB, so search and replace strings can be
> stored in pairs.

> Sounds a lot easier than StrongMen!

About the same AFAICS StrongMEN via StrongED puts "macro name" and the
injected text on one line. Makro does the same over two lines.
The deciding factor for me is that StrongMen is already running on all
of my machines, launches applications, gives access to recent file
history, closes open files and much more, and it does not use any
screenspace.

John

--
John Rickman