[StrongED] Re: StrongED Instructions

In article <de4d55ac56.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Rickman <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <56ac0109b1tim@xxxxxxxxx> Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I find this thread highly amusing.

> As in, "How many RISC OS users does it take to write a manual?"
> Answer, one, because "no two RISC OS users can agree on anything."

> The other characteristic of ROus is that we are highly resistant to
> change; else we would have switched to some other platform years ago.

Some of us can deal with change alongside still using RISC OS, whether it
means new hardware or with a PC or Mac literally alongside.

> So, how can we "progress this item, moving forward" as people less
> resistant to linguistic change might ask?

:-)

This brings it to my source of amusement. What would The Apprentice sound
like if it was set *here*?

> Richard says he is "getting on with it". Good luck with that Richard,
> but I am not hopeful that working alone you will be any more
> successful now than you were the first time, when you were younger.

> I have offered to help, but without a defined project it is difficult
> to know how, or what to do.

I'm sure if Richard's offered access to his FTP to help, he would also
have some idea of what helpers could do. Is there a to-do folder perhaps?

> At least three contributors to this thread will be at the South West
> Show in February, so how about meeting to agree(*) a project plan?

Good idea.

--

Tim Hill

timil.com : tjrh.eu : butterwick.eu : blue-bike.uk : youngtheatre.co.uk