OT XML query was Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongED Instructions

In article <e59a03e2064d10a2149f502b911e844c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - ml sed <jn.ml.sed45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip comprehensive description of XML - Thank you}

<intrigued>
I get, admittedly at a superficial level and worthy of more research, how
XML is written and that the information held in an XML file can be used
in many applications and in many ways. I seem to have missed the bit
about how this is used; do applications have internal XML parsers to
access the data and decode the tagging or is this a search and replace
exercise in a text editor?
</intrigued>

There are plenty of tutorials on the www to explaining how to write XML,
I have found precious few on using these files, can anyone point me in
the right direction?

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
RISC OS 6.20

---