Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongED Instructions

In message <mpro.p13slx01fqtqk025n.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> We could operate a two, or three step process:
>> 1. write-up  discrete topics in plain text - anyone in the commmunity can
>> do this.
>> 2. an expert can wrap the text in XML or whatever

> If you can write simple HTML web pages, you can mark up a manual in XML.
> HTML is just one subset of XML, and in this case you define tags for things
> like sections of the document, images, the names of icons in dialogue boxes,
> menu entry names, and so on.

However simple XML tagging is one more learning hurdle for any
potential contribitor.

Furthermore, assuming we have an editor (there can be only one!) and
assuming he or she would like help with the writing of the content. It
is likely that the Ed would prefer submissions either in plain text or
in word processor format. This may be less work for the editor than
retagging to suit the style of the manual.

If we have more than one person tagging, is there not a danger of
stylistic clashes?

John

--
John Rickman