Re: [StrongED] Paste wierdness

In message <mpro.p102zd0087p0r010w.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On the Raspberry Pi 3 copying two *commands from ROOL's forum in NetSurf to
> StrongEd 4.70a12 resulted in a crash.
>
> The two commands were :-
>
> *vcgencmd get_config int
> *vcgencmd get_config str
>
> Selecting both and copying to StrongED in one drag or one menu driven copy
> and paste crashed. Copying the commands individually is OK, as are other
> multiple copies and pastes.

Thanks for the bug report.

I can replicate it here. It's not caused by NetSurf, using a second copy
of StrongED also causes a crash.

The abort is in Wimp_TransferBlock because one of the pointers passed to
it is -1 (meaning no value). Why that is however I don't know yet.

> Copying the two commands together into a BaseMode view and then together in
> a TaskWindow does not crash.

In this situation the pointer is not -1 so I'll need to find out where
it's being unset in the crash case.

StrongED Developer