Re: [StrongED] Re: ModeWhen - News

In message <56a8c03f79Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <35356ba856.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >    _newstest   ** ( < "From:" | "Path:" | "Return-path:")
>
> Yes - I can confirm it works - and it also confirms that it is
> case-sensitive.
>
> If there anywhere a description of the syntax of the Matches? Is it the
> same as the Search syntax? I suspect similar but not identical?

The Match syntax is the same Advanced search syntax, as stated here:
Manual -> Reference section -> ModeWhen file -> Match

The differences are that it's a match, ie it stops at first match found,
whereas a search will find all matches, eg a LoF.

There is no dialogue box so options can't be set and hardwired defaults
are used; Advanced search and case sensitivity are both turned on, and
start-of-line is off.

Simple search can easily be simulated by providing a single string in
double quotes. Start-of-line and case insensitive can be forced by using
'<' and '\-' respectively.

A match expression will usually start with '**' to allow it to search
through multiple lines.

StrongED Developer