Re: [StrongED] Throwback problem

In message <98fe5c9c56.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The exit handler has to clear up sockets and socket_watch
> registrations, and is called from the error handler. When this clearup
> code produces an error, StrongED sometimes crashes.

The error handler generating errors is probably not a good idea as that
will trigger the error handler again.

> I *think* the message is the result of StrongED trying to do
> throwback. The throwback window appears, but clicking on the displayed
> line doesn't work properly.

Do you know which application is generating throwback messages?
Which information is being displayed in the throwback window?

> I habve also seen throwback call up the wrong program or library, with
> the correct line number. I guess this is because it needs to identify
> the program which was running at the time of the error, and picks one
> of the others in the set.

It's up to the application that sends out the throwback message to
ensure that it contains the correct information. StrongED simply
displays the information contained in the throwback message.

StrongED Developer