Re: [StrongED] Odd behaviour in BASIC mode

In message <bd09bb9556.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been using StrongED for a number of years for editing BASIC
> programs, and find it excellent.
>
> I'm using 4.69f9, 30-Jun-2016, and found a couple of oddities releted
> to folding (which I really like BTW)
>
> Frequently when I click Adjust on the red arrow to fold up a function,
> is folds, then immediately unfolds again. Not always, maybe 50% of the
> time. It seems, thoughh this isn't conclusive, that if I move the
> pointer away from the arrow fast enough, it works as expected.

Could it be that when it immediately unfolds again that there's an
edited line inside the fold that has trailing spaces?

When you click on the fold arrow the cursor is moved to the start of the
corresponding line. If this moves the cursor away from an edited line
which has trailing spaces then StrongED may try to delete those spaces.

This means editing a line inside a (just) closed fold, and that causes
the fold to be opened.

> Today I noticed another one, or it may be a different incarnation of
> the same one.
>
> I had three programs open on screen. When I folded a function in one
> window, a function unfolded in a different window. When I folded that,
> one unfolded in the third window. The ones which unfolded were the
> most recently viewed ones in those windows.
>
> I haven't found a way to reproduce this at the moment.

I'm not familiar with this problem. If you find a way to reproduce this
then please let me know so that I can investigate the problem.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20