Re: [StrongED] Forward delete with Delete key

In message <5695246072bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Bob Latham <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bit puzzled by this.
>
> Using SE4.69f4 on an SA RPC OS 6.2 I can't get forward or PC style Delete
> to work. The Delete key takes you to the end of the document and it
> doesn't matter what type of document it does it for all.
>
> The OS option is set to PC style and the Pluto editor works fine but SE
> simply will not. Been through all the menus I can find but no mention.

Originally the Delete key would mimic Backspace and remove the character
to the left of the cursor. The Copy/End key would remove the character
to the right of the cursor.

With the OS option set to PC style pressing the Delete key will send the
keycode for the Copy/End key to the application so that it produces a
forward delete.

This works fine for applications that still use the old Acorn style of
handling Delete and Copy/End. With applications that have been updated
to handle Delete and Copy/End in the modern PC style this doesn't work
as the Copy/End is set to move to end of document.

> Any suggestions.

There are 2 options available to you:

 - Turn the OS option off and install Steve Fryatt's PCKeys which can be
   configured to act on specific applications only. This way you can
   have Delete mapped to Copy/End for old style applications only.

 - Change the keybindings in the BaseMode ModeFile so that Copy/End does
   a forward delete, ie replace 'EndOfText' with 'DeleteRight'.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20