Re: [StrongED] Re: Bubblehelp conflict

On 2017-09-13 13:11, Tim Hill wrote:

I may have missed something: what does BH do that H doesn't?

I don't know, precisely, especially if H has been improved over the years, and I used to use !Float. The latter's webpage says right at the start that Float produced pop-up help that followed the mouse pointer around the screen unlike
H's pane which was in a fixed position.

I assume BH was similar to Float in that respect but had a speech-bubble-shaped
pane as well?

One reason I used Float was that it could be configured not to show help info about window furniture, and also not for specific applications. So you could
use the WIMP without being bombarded with needless help info.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own

--=20