Re: [StrongED] Bubblehelp conflict

In article <6028a17a56.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Philip J. Ludlam wrote on 11 Sep:

> > IIRC BubbleHelp loads a Help Support module when it starts. Does the
> > BubbleHelp icon area on the iconbar?

> Sorry; not sure what you mean.  Some words missing?

> > I'm wondering if the order makes a difference? Does starting
> > BubbleHelp first make a difference?

> I tried putting Bubblehelp into run-at-boot, so that StrongEd loads
> later.  Other apps are fine with Bubblehelp -- pointing to their
> buttons produces the expected help. But when I pointed to one of the
> StrongEd buttons, the machine froze.  No error message, nothing --
> keyboard unresponsive -- nothing for it but power off and reboot.

Just to check, I tried torture testing !Float with StrongEd on the RiscPC &
Virtual Acorn. Worked flawlessly on both. Couldn't get it to fall over.

!BubbleHelp also worked flawlessly on the RiscPC but I don't have it on the VA as IIRC it didn't work properly so I moved over to !Float.

--
Chris

--=20