[StrongED] Bubblehelp conflict

Seems to be an incompatiblity between StrongEd (4.69f9) and
Bubblehelp.

StrongEd here runs at startup time, no problem.  If sometime later
during the session I want to remind myself what a certain item on the
StrongEd buttonbar does, and I run Bubblehelp, the system freezes.

It's an ArmX6 (Ro 5.23).  Alt-Break does nothing, Ctrl-Break does
nothing, only recourse is power-off.

Repeatable.

The Bubblehelp I have is originally by Miles Sabin; version 2.20 is by
Philip Ludlam 2003.  I searched online; seems that 2.20 *is* the
latest version. Source code is available at www.vigay.com/thirdparty
(search for Bubblehelp).

During the search I discovered Steve Fryatt's !Float (available from
!Store). It's more up-to-date but lacks the rather fun speech-bubble
appearance that I always liked.

Anyway, seems that only StrongEd chokes on Bubblehelp.  I've been
using it for years without complaints from other apps.

I'm not enough of a programmer to offer any suggestion about what the
stumblingblock might be.

--
Jim Nagel                            www.archivemag.co.uk

--=20