Re: [StrongED] Lua mode problem

On 15 Aug 2017  Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <1b39066c56.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

>> A message elselist has made me remember Lua scripts in StrongED, which
>> have stopped working for me.
>>
>> Also, trying to create a Lua file gives the message:
>>
>> StrongED: error when parsing file.
>> Lua.Modefile.
>> Line 25.
>> Error Missing "
>>
>> Line 25 reads: <tab>lua_assign<tab>~("for"{" "}) lua_variable {","
>> lua_variable} {""} "=" ~(">"|"=") <tab>

> I think that a crucial space character is missing in this line.
> The phrase {""} should be {" "}. See if that gets rid of the error.
> Best of luck.

Thanks, Gavin, and that now lets me create a Lua file, not that I'd
know what to do with it. However, I've then tried control-dragging
both the RomNum and sumnums scripts to the down-arrow icon (can't
remember its proper name, and up comes one of those pesky
small-print-on-white error boxes, with a "Click or space to continue"
ending.

I've copied this down as accurately as I can on the other computer,
and it seems to say:

/SCSI.$/Utilities/!rlua6/lua6 <StrongED$Script_Script>:4: attempt to
index a nil value <local <'from'>
stack traceback
<StrongED_Script_Script>:4: in main chunk
[C]: in ?

More Chinese :-( but maybe it means something to Gavin? Clicking as
instructed then brings up a new StrongED window, which is what
StrongED is supposed to do after a control-drag, but of course this is
blank.

Have I done something entirely wrong?

Best wishes,

Peter.