Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongEd v4.70a12 and Throwback

In message <5635f48fd2list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Re: The incorrect path name in a Throwback message...

> In article <56347acb45list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Snip]

>> I had previously assumed that because it was not 'Error' it could not
>> be Reporter that did the Throwback. But thinking about the error you
>> have found, if the 'Processing' was caused by the SE error then it
>> *could* be Reporter?

>> Reporter gets the path name in the *ReportError command which is issued
>> from a BASIC program. It uses SWI "XOS_GetEnv" to get the initial
>> command line that started the BASIC program. This obviously normally
>> works, but I am wondering if there any cases where it does not!

> I have now managed to do some more debugging ... and the finger now
> points at Reporter. First I started the (Wimp) program being tested, then
> started another Wimp application. I then caused the test program to
> error, which executed *ReportError in the ON ERROR. The *ReportError used
> OS_GetEnv to get the 'environment string' which should be the command
> which started the test program ... but it was the command which started
> the second application!

> I have re-read the PRM for GetEnv but can see no hints that this happens.

> So, I think this is a problem for Reporter to resolve somehow.
> StrongEd is innocent. Sorry for the bother!

> I will raise this in the ROOL forums to see if anyone can cast any light
> on it.

> Martin

I think I've seen this from Reporter too. I run multiple interacting
programs, and occasionally when one errors a different one is thrown
back to StrongED. I *think* the *reporterror message also implicates
the same wrong program, but I'm less sure of this.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--=20