Re: [StrongED] Odd errors from StrongED 4.70a12

In message <mpro.op5s1u006cwji019z.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Newman, on 28 Apr, wrote:
>
> > Another odd error. I had occasion to drop a JPEG on to StrongEd to have a
> > look at the code that made it up but got....
> >

> > 28 Apr 21:00:34 100 ***Error***
> > 28 Apr 21:00:34 100   Title    : Error from StrongED
> > 28 Apr 21:00:34 100   Task     : StrongED
> > 28 Apr 21:00:34 100   Message  : Internal error: abort on data transfer at
> > &0000FA64
>
> [snip]
>
> > All this on RiscPC Strong ARMv4 Adjust 4.39 with Unipod.
> >
> > Said files open OK on Virtual Acorn SA 4.02 StrongArm Adjust 4.39 Windows
> 8
> > netbook with StrongEd 4.70a11.
> >
> > Can anyone replicate this?
>
> It is an OS4.39 Dynamic Area thing. Disabling dynamic areas evades the
> issue.

Thanks for reminding me that the use of DA's can cause problems. In this
case however it's a bug in StrongED; an address calculation that's not
done correctly. This results in an address that is outside of StrongED's
RunImage.

If the wimpslot is used the address in still in valid memory as the data
area comes after the RunImage. When a DA is used the address is invalid
as there is no data area after the RunImage so the code aborts.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20