Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongEd v4.70a12 and Throwback

In message <5633d5a201list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <92e0d23356.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <5633676dcalist01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [Snip]

> > > Hmm. Very good question. It was probably (my) Reporter!
>
> > I assumed that you were using Reporter so I tested with that and it
> > seems to work fine. Path was correct as was the throwback message type.
>
> Yes - I checked the Reporter throwback code, and cannot see how it could
> have gone wrong. But I have been blind before!

As have I, but I'm pretty sure it's not caused by Reporter.

> > I found that if the target file is of type BASIC and can't be found then
> > the window width is indeed incorrect. This because SE tries to convert
> > the BASIC linenumber to a physical linenumber. If the file isn't there,
> > this errors before the correct width is calculated.
>
> > I'll make the code more robust so it doesn't error when the file can't
> > be found allowing the window width to be set correctly.
>
> Great - one oddity resolved.

Two actually, the erroneous 'Processing' on the second line is also
caused by this. So, two down, one to go.

> > I'm wondering if the casting program is using the CSD to get a complete
> > path. When the CSD points to the main program the path is correct, when
> > the CSD points somewhere else the path is wrong.
>
> I have been wondering the same thing. It was during a development
> session, so many things had started, some aborted, some errored, most
> ended normally, including Reporter and Z?p. It looks as if Reporter did
> not do the throwback, but I have no idea what did.

Ah, I'm familiar with such sessions. Sometimes errors have a lingering
effect leading to strange, and often wrong, errors. A reset / restart
cures it but leaves one wondering whether the error was real or not.

> And it has not happened since. I will post if it does.

Please do, it would be useful to know which program gets it wrong so
that we are aware of it and possibly able fix it.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20