[StrongED] Re: StrongEd v4.70a12 and Throwback

In article <92e0d23356.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <5633676dcalist01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> > > Which program is casting the throwback messages?

> > Hmm. Very good question. It was probably (my) Reporter!

> I assumed that you were using Reporter so I tested with that and it
> seems to work fine. Path was correct as was the throwback message type.

Yes - I checked the Reporter throwback code, and cannot see how it could
have gone wrong. But I have been blind before!

> I found that if the target file is of type BASIC and can't be found then
> the window width is indeed incorrect. This because SE tries to convert
> the BASIC linenumber to a physical linenumber. If the file isn't there,
> this errors before the correct width is calculated.

> I'll make the code more robust so it doesn't error when the file can't
> be found allowing the window width to be set correctly.

Great - one oddity resolved.

> I'm wondering if the casting program is using the CSD to get a complete
> path. When the CSD points to the main program the path is correct, when
> the CSD points somewhere else the path is wrong.

I have been wondering the same thing. It was during a development
session, so many things had started, some aborted, some errored, most
ended normally, including Reporter and Z?p. It looks as if Reporter did
not do the throwback, but I have no idea what did.

And it has not happened since. I will post if it does.

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader

--=20