[StrongED] Upgrading to StrongED 4.70a12

Hi All,

Here's a brief outline of how to upgrade to StrongED 4.70a12. In this
I'll assume that you are using a fairly recent version of StrongED
(basically the older your copy, the more likely that there will issues).

I'll also assume that you want to use the new mode functionality. The
whole purpose of alpha releases is, after all, to test new stuff.

Upgrading to StrongED 4.70a12
=============================

Move your copy of StrongED out of the way (but don't delete it) and put
4.70a12 in its place.

Open the Defaults directory in both 4.70a12 and your old copy, then open
the Modes directory in both. Make a note of the modes already present in
4.70a12, you may need this later.

In your old select all the modes not present in 4.70a12 and copy them
over to 4.70a12. You should now have a functioning 4.70a12 with all your
modes present.

Checking new mode functionality
===============================

The only thing left to do is to check if the modes already present in
4.70a12 work as intended (ie they have the new functionality). If they
don't then chances are that they are being overridden by files present
in UserPrefs.Modes.<Mode>.

If this is the case then you'll need to remove the file(s) in UserPrefs
or you have to merge the UserPrefs file(s) with the file(s) in 4.70a12's
Defaults.Modes.<Mode>.

In most cases this will be the ModeFile only but if you've altered other
files (eg Messages, Sprites) then you'll to remove/merge those too.

Let me know if this is clear enough, and if it actually works. I realise
that for a proper ReadMe this needs some more work such as explaining
what Defaults and UserPrefs refer to. For now I just want to check that
the instructions are understandable and correct.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20