Re: [StrongED] StrongEd v4.70a12 and mismatched quotes

In message <56297bf601list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In BASIC mode, I have found that when saving programs which contain REMs
> which contain (perfectly legal) mismatched quotes, the save gives a
> message 'Mismatched quotes at line nnn' although the save does work.
>
> As it only gives one message per save, the false message can hide quotes
> that should be matched.
>
> This has caused me problems, because I seem to have lots of code which
> has mismatched quotes in comments!
>
> Is this a bug or a feature?

It's an experimental feature. It just shows the status returned from
BASIC's tokenise routine. Useful at times but there can be false
positives as you've noticed.

You can turn it off in Global Choices -> BASIC -> Tokenise errors.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20