Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongEd v4.70a12 and Dump mode

In message <56251f216flist01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <84e49b2456.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <56248dd287list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I was looking for what the >|< icon did - there is no interactive help
> > > for it, and nothing on that help page.
>
> > The >|< icon increases (Select) or decreases (Adjust) the group size in
> > the memory dump section. Just switch to Byte display, click Select a few
> > times and you'll get the idea. It does not affect ASCII and ASM display,
> > for obvious reasons.
>
> Ooooh yes - that is neat!

I'm glad you like it. :-)

> > > When in ASM mode, it does not display
> > >     function names,
> > >     when functions are the targets of branch instructions
> > >     when ADR have strings as targets
> > > All of which I miss!
>
> > At the moment the output is just what the Debugger module provides, with
> > the exception of header fields. I'll see if function names can be added
> > to ASM display.
>
> It would make code with Function names *much* more readable!
> (See Z*p for examples of both function and string references.)

Function names are now shown when present. Adding a comment with the
function name to branches that target a named function shouldn't be too
hard, I think.

ADR targets are more difficult as we need to check if it's an ADRL. Will
need to have think about it, maybe have a snoop in Zap's sources.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20