Re: [StrongED] StrongEd v4.70a12 and Dump mode

In message <56248dd287list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just a few observations about Dump mode...
>
> The Dump Mode Help is not quite up to date for:
>     the Grab window that is shown on the Introduction page.
>     the icons shown on the Toolbar Icons page.

Dump mode is still being worked on and I haven't yet updated the mode
manual. The screenshots of ASM display are still showing the old syntax
colouring, no mention of ROL utility header annotation, new keybindings
not added yet, big endian option missing, and a few other things.

One of reasons for not updating the mode manual is that I'm considering
changing the toolbar icons. There are quite a few now and maybe that
needs to be changed, eg by replacing all the icons for the display type
with a single button that cycles through all available display types.

I'm also experimenting with repurposing some of the infobar fields. Some
of them have no use in Dump mode, eg the wraptype field (cw/ww) is now
used the show endianness (le vs BE).

The Mode Choices have gained a new pane for setting the default values
for the new options that are available in Dump mode.

> I was looking for what the >|< icon did - there is no interactive help
> for it, and nothing on that help page.

The >|< icon increases (Select) or decreases (Adjust) the group size in
the memory dump section. Just switch to Byte display, click Select a few
times and you'll get the idea. It does not affect ASCII and ASM display,
for obvious reasons.

> When in ASM mode, it does not display
>     function names,
>     when functions are the targets of branch instructions
>     when ADR have strings as targets
> All of which I miss!

At the moment the output is just what the Debugger module provides, with
the exception of header fields. I'll see if function names can be added
to ASM display.

> When displaying a grabbed module, for any of the displays, it does not
> seem possible to display with the offset from the start of the module
> down the left-hand side, it is always the address. When displaying a
> saved module or data area, it displays offsets. Can both be possible for
> grabbed areas?

It already is, Adjust click on the toolbar icon with the left pointing
triangle to switch between grab address and offsets.

Ctrl-Adjust on that icon toggles condition codes in ASM display from
uppercase to lowercase.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20