[StrongED] Re: StrongEd v4.70a12 and ModeWhen

In article <aaa15f2456.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <562458cd3flist01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > After changing a ModeWhen file and saving it, I then do a Rescan of
> > the Modes directory.

> A Rescan modes only updates the list of known modes. It does not cause
> a reparse of any mode related files.

I can see no hints of that in the help file - so would the menu entry be
better changed to something like 'Update list' ? To me, 'Rescan Dir'
seems to imply that it will read the contents of the Modes directory, and
therefore note *any* changes, not just the list of modes.

> > However, the changes I have made do not seem to take effect until I
> > have stopped and restarted StrongEd.
> >
> > Is this a bug, or have I missed something in the Help file?

> It's a bug. The reason code for 'rescan ModeWhen file' was rejected as
> being out of range due to the maximum allowed being one too low. Upped
> the limit by 1 and now it's working again. Thanks for reporting this.

Now I am confused. You said above that a Rescan of the Modes directory
*only* updates the list of known modes. But now you have said not reading
the ModeWhen files was a bug?

Note I am just trying to clarify what is documented vs what happens.
Then I can discover what I need to do!

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader

--=20