[StrongED] Re: StrongEd v4.70a11 and Throwback

In article <20aebf1856.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <5618a4cabflist01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <434a8e1856.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > What happens if you start 4.70a11, load a BASIC file and then click
> > > on the 'List functions and procedures' icon [1] on the toolbar?
> > A LoF opens, and lines are highlit when the mouse is over them.
> > Clicks open the program at that line.

> Can you confirm that the LoF doesn't have focus in this case, ie cursor
> up/down do not move the highlight?

Correct.
Cursor up/down affects the editing window, where the focus stays.

> If that's the case then my working hypothesis (see below) would be wrong
> and we have an even stranger problem.

> > > In this case the LoF doesn't get input focus so it may not work now.
> >
> > Not sure what you mean by that.

> When a LoF is created via the keyboard (F2 or cs-F) then it will be
> given the input focus so that the user can stay with the keyboard.

F2   -> LoF does not get focus.
cs-F -> LoF does get focus.

> When a Lof is opened using the mouse (eg via a toolbar icon) then it
> won't be given focus.

Correct.

[Snip]

> > Clicks on the lines *sometimes* displays that line in the program (not
> > worked out when it does or not). I will try to clarify this.

> That's a bit surprising. I would have expected that to work too, need to
> check the code to see what it's actually doing.

I have not yet confirmed this.

[Snip]

> The keyboard actions for LoF & throwback are defined in the BaseMode
> ModeFile and can thus be changed to suit one's needs.
[Snip]
I had thought that key bindings were documented in Help -> Key Bindings,
which I have printed for reference.

[Snip]

> Does the SE on the RPi continue to work even after prolonged use?

No idea, I am afraid. I only use my Pi for testing & demos. I am unlikely
to have time in the near future to give it a prolonged test.

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader

--=20