Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongEd v4.70a11 and Throwback

In message <5618471703list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <0574431856.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Still, it might be useful to check for any Wimp filters that monitor the
> > pointer entering event, perhaps a focus-follows-mouse utility.
>
> Why would anything like that affect v4.70 and not v4.69?

Don't know, just clutching at straws here.

[snip *filters output]

> > You could use WimpMon to see if pointer entering events are being sent
> > to 4.70a11. If they're not then we know the problem, else more digging
> > is needed.
>
> Using WimpMon & SE4.70, it shows LoW causes event Pointer Entering but
> not Leaving, and LoF shows both.

That makes sense. If the event isn't enabled (as TaskUsage showed) then
it won't be received.

> After moving the mouse over the LoF window clicks on the LoW work, but
> no difference in the Pointer events logged.

The main difference between LoF and LoW/throwback is that LoF will be
given input focus when created using the keyboard (F2 or cs-F).

What happens if you start 4.70a11, load a BASIC file and then click on
the 'List functions and procedures' icon [1] on the toolbar?
In this case the LoF doesn't get input focus so it may not work now.

Another thing to try is to generate some throwback. Then open a StrongED
view and press cs-F8 to give the throwback window focus. Does that make
it work?

4.69f9 only has one menuline (the highlight that follows the mouse
and/or cursor up/down). 4.70a11 has two, one for the mouse and another
for the keyboard). When a window has both input focus and pointer over
it then only one menuline is shown but it can be controlled by both.

For some reason 4.70a11 is not detecting if the mouse is over LoW or
throwback so no menuline is ever activated and StrongED doesn't know
what the active line is. LoF works because it's given the input focus
and so there is a menuline. The problem is finding out why this happens.

[1] This is the icon just to the right of the small divide between the
BaseMode and mode specific icons on the toolbar.

> > > The v4.70 LoW is small, showing only top 4 files.
> > > The v4.69 window is the full height, showing all 32 files.
>
> > There is code in 4.70a11 to control the initial size of the LoW but it
> > still has some issues. You should be able to make it larger by closing
> > and then opening it again.
>
> It was no problem - I am just trying to report all differences I see!

I know, I was just explaining _why_ you're seeing a difference. :-)

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20