[StrongED] Re: StrongEd v4.70a11 and Modes

In article <aefdbb0c56.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <560cae9789list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <66d1ae0b56.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> > The reason I am interested in modes is that I want to print text at a
> > reduced size, say 99 chars/line and 99 lines/page. I suspected the
> > only way to do this was to create a TextPrint mode which did this,
> > hopefully with just the font sizes different.

> You need to alter the wrapwidth to 99 as the print-out is wrapline
> based. Also make sure that you've got a white background set.

I discovered the colour problem the hard way, as I am using the
alternative colours. Came out largely black until I changed the Global
Choices back to normal!

[Snip]

> Use the Font section to set up the outline font (this is always used for
> graphics mode printing regardless what the font type for the screen is).

I was not aware of that! And, I can find no mention of it in the Help!
Not much about printing capabilities at all.

So, as I normally use a bitmap for the screen, if I change the font &
size to be suitable for printing, it might do exactly what I want for
that mode?

[Snip]

> > Is this the best way to enable printing using a smaller font size than
> > the display?

> It depends on what font type and wrapwidth you use for the display. If
> it's a bitmap font and the wrapwidth for display and printing are the
> same then you can configure the outline font for printing.

Which seems to answer my question above!
Althought colours & Wrapwidth may be a problem.

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader

--=20