Re: [StrongED] thanks for "detect link" feature in StrongEd

In message <560baf0896john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <10ce560b56.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > StrongEd:  its ability to detect a URL (link) and make it clickable.
>
> > The method behind it (ClickList) is very generic and can be used for
> > many things. Eg fetch files when clicked on a path, launch StrongHelp
> > pages etc.
>
> That sounds as if it can already do it, but when I looked in Help with a
> view to adding it to a mode file I can't see a likely looking Global
> function.

You need to create a ClickList in a ModeFile to use this ability, see
Manual -> Reference -> Syntax of ModeFile file -> ClickList.

The general syntax of a Clicklist is:

  ClickList <name>
  End

The name can be anything but if you want to use the mouse you'll need to
use one of these names: Select1, Select2, Adjust1, Adjust2 where the
digit indicates single-click or double-click.

The ClickList name can be prefixed with one or more of a, c, s to
indicate which modifier keys need to be held down. For example:

  cs-Select2 = Doubleclick with Select, with ctrl and shift pressed.

The name of the search expression needs to match a named expression in
the Search section of the ModeFile.

The list of functions is one or more of StrongED's functions separated
by spaces.

To run a file when a filename is double-clicked you could use:

    FileSys   "ADFS" | "RAM" | "SCSI" | "SDFS"
    FileName  FileSys "::" {~(Ctrl|White) Any}+
  END

  ClickList Select2
    Filename   Run("Filer_Run <StrongED$Tmp_MarkWord>")
  End

> > > Suggest to Fred:  mention it on the intro page at
> > > www.stronged.iconbar.com
>
> > Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a think about it and see what I
> > come up with.
>
> I assume that refers to mentioning it.  Or did it refer to creating it?

Mentioning it on the Introduction page of the website. Currently there's
only a brief mention of some of StrongED's features. Describing some of
its features, like ClickList, in more detail is what Jim was suggesting.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20