Re: [StrongED] StrongEd v4.70a11 scrolling

In message <560aa8bbc8list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All as expected and good ... but how can I slow down the repeated
> scrolling so it is useful, not an annoyance?

There is an option in Global Choices -> Display that lets you set a
delay for auto-scrolling.

It does make scrolling a bit jerky though making it harder to read along
than using a smaller scroll distance but it does mean scrolling speed is
more or less constant. If you change the scrolling distance scrolling is
smooth but the speed than depends on the size of the window.

> I am using RO5.23 on an Iyonix, but I have not checked if it is
> dependant on machine speed.

Line by line scrolling isn't affected much by machine speed certainly
from the Iyonix upwards (the scroll events are tied to the centisecond
timer).

Page by page scrolling is very much affected by machine speed. Newer
machines past Iyonix are much faster.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20