Re: [StrongED] Which SE version?

In message <56099d8f6blist01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am determined to have (yet) another go at converting myself from Zap to
> SE.

Well, good luck then (again ;-).

> Are the Modes the same?

Largely yes, 4.69 modes should work with 4.70a11, the other way round
might hit a snag if the mode relies on 4.70a11 features but that will
only affect a few modes, if any.

> Is there any documentation on how to convert from  Zap to SE ?

No, I'm afraid not. I guess the best thing to do is to try it and ask
lots of questions here. :-)

One of the main difficulties, I think, will be the keyboard shortcuts
which are very different. Beyond that the facilities offered are roughly
the same but how they are accessed will vary.

It will be interesting, for me certainly, to see what the stumbling
blocks are. I switched from Zap to StrongED somewhere in the late 90s
without too much trouble, probably because I'd already used them
simultaneously for a while.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20