Re: [StrongED] StrongHelp 2.89 available

In message <mpro.ojxn4t003gfn00jac.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> David Pitt, on 16 Jan, wrote:
>
> > Peter Young, on 16 Jan, wrote:
> >
> > > On 16 Jan 2017  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Thanks again, Fred, and I'm glad it's not just me :-)  However, it gets
> > > odder. I've been out since this morning, and coming back, with
> > > StrongHelp 2.89 being seen at setup, Messenger Pro also been seen at
> > > startup but not then run, I find: Run MPro, click on Help, and a
> > > transient message comes up, not recorded by WimpLog "Unable to load
> > > SCSI::SSD.$.Messenger" (had to reboot several times to make sure I'd
> > > copied that correctly), and 2.98 is run and no help file appears. Then
> > > try to do the same again without rebooting, and StrongHelp 2.89 runs and
> > > the correct manual appears.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > All very weird, but at least I get the help file at the second attempt.
> >
> > Same here, it takes two goes to get the manual to appear.
>
> The last line of !Messenger.!Help perhaps should be :-
>
> RMEnsure StrongHelp 2.10 Run <StrongHelp$Dir> Messenger !Root

Yes, that what's required to make it work on SH 2.88+ because it no
longer does a lookup if no page name is specified. The reason for that
change is to avoid tripping over a 26-bit !Pre, without the lookup you
can at least open manuals with an old !Pre.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20