Re: [StrongED] Re: MiniTime on ARMX6

In message <dedb1ef355.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23 Dec 2016  Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 23 Dec, Peter Young wrote in message
> >     <9d8ce5f255.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> >> That's interesting! I don't have that !UnplugToolbox file anywhere in
> >> !Boot. However in $.!Boot.RO500Hook.Res.!Configure.!Run I find:
> >>
> >> RMEnsure Toolbox 1.36 RMLoad System:Modules.Toolbox.Toolbox RMEnsure
> >> Toolbox 1.36 Error You need Toolbox 1.36 or later to run Configure
> >>
> >> Showing my ignorance again, should I replace this 1.36 with 1.53, though
> >> that doesn't seem right to me? I certainly can't find 1.36 anywhere in
> >> !Boot.
>
> > No, don't. IIRC, the RO***Hook directories aren't used by the boot process,
> > beyond getting things set up the first time that you use the machine. There
> > are also several directories, with content applicable to different vintages
> > of system.
>
> > The 1.36 will be checking for a bare minimum version required: it will load
> > whatever version is in the appropriate Modules.Toolbox folder and then error
> > if it's too old. It doesn't demand that it must be exactly 1.36.
>
> Thanks, Steve, but I've already reported the solution to the original
> problem.

Sorry, but I don't see that as the solution. You've just side-stepped
the issue by removing the Toolbox module. It doesn't address the fact
that of something is loading an earlier version. Which will either be
a copy of UnplugTbox somewhere in Boot or an application run at Boot.

An applications seems unlikely as it should now complain that it can't
find the Toolbox module so my money is on UnplugTbox and I'd suggest
using Locate to search Boot for it. If it's there then it will also
replace other ROM toolbox modules which may create similar problems
somewhere in the future.

The other unanswered question is how Transient can be running with
Toolbox 1.52 loaded when it requests the 1.53 version. As said, I can
only see that happening if the check isn't executed and if that's the
case then I'd like to know as that indicates there's a bug in Transient.

Merry Christmas,

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20