[StrongED] Re: MiniTime on ARMX6

In article <mpro.oimuj0005gdvd08cu.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pitt
<pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter Young, on 23 Dec, wrote:

> > On 23 Dec 2016  David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > > I have had a closer look at the unplug.zip download referred to
> > > above and it does generate the BootRun command line quoted above in
> > > PreDesk, though how it got into $.Apps.Bak is anyone's guess, but
> > > such a guess might be a backup made in the course of some other
> > > operation.

[Snip]

I would: use !Locate to find every file called 'toolbox' on the entire
hard drive, if necessary, and then you will find the errant copy of the
version which must be forcibly softloaded. I would rename it (them?)
old_toolbox and wait until something complains and then deal with the
problem.

It's worth remembering what the RMEnsure command does:
*RMEnsure checks that a module is present and is the given version, OR A
MORE MODERN ONE. The command is executed if this is not the case.
(my emphasis. More modern means 'higher version number' so if something
is checking for version 1.36 and version 1.72 is running, the rest of the
command line is ignored and the old module IS NOT loaded.

At least, that's how it's meant to work.

--

Tim Hill

timil.com : tjrh.eu : butterwick.eu : blue-bike.uk : youngtheatre.co.uk