Re: [StrongED] Re: MiniTime on ARMX6

In message <8528edf255.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <9d8ce5f255.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 23 Dec 2016  David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Peter Young, on 22 Dec, wrote:

> <snip>

>>> I have had a closer look at the unplug.zip download referred to above
>>> and it
>>> does generate the BootRun command line quoted above in PreDesk, though how
>>> it got into $.Apps.Bak is anyone's guess, but such a guess might be a
>>> backup
>>> made in the course of some other operation.

>> That's interesting! I don't have that !UnplugToolbox file anywhere in
>> !Boot. However in $.!Boot.RO500Hook.Res.!Configure.!Run I find:

>> RMEnsure Toolbox 1.36 RMLoad System:Modules.Toolbox.Toolbox
>> RMEnsure Toolbox 1.36 Error You need Toolbox 1.36 or later to run
>> Configure

>> Showing my ignorance again, should I replace this 1.36 with 1.53,
>> though that doesn't seem right to me? I certainly can't find 1.36
>> anywhere in !Boot.

> This doesn't force 1.36 to load. It checks that the current version is
> 1.36 or more, then loads the module from system, using whatever
> version is there. The second line checks that it succeeded in loading
> 1.36 or higher.

>> I've deleted Apps.Bak, anyway.

>> Best wishes,

>> Peter.

On this ARMX6 it is using
Toolbox 1.57 (18 Jun 2016)

A search of my SSD shows that there is only one copy of the toolbox
module there, in boot.resources.!System.310.modules.toolbox.toolbox
It's a 2002 file, and obviously isn't being used.

The 1.57 must be coming from the ROM image.

In your case something very early in the boot process must be loading
a module from a different location, and I believe a feature of toolbox
is that it can't be replaced later.

I would start by searching your SSD for copies of anything called
toolbox (!locate is good for this). Assuming you find one, check what
else is in that part of the file system. It seems likely that there
will be an obey file nearby which runs the module.

Once you've found that, search !boot for a reference to the obey file
or the directory containing it.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx