Re: [StrongED] Re: MiniTime on ARMX6

On 22 Dec 2016  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <40a995f255.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> My brain hurts! Maybe Fred can make sense of this?

> Afraid not, what you're describing seems impossible. The copy of Toolbox
> 1.57 in your ROM has been replaced by (a softloaded) 1.52 (which is most
> likely in !Boot somewhere).

I've looked for it in Boot, using TextSeek looking in Obey and Desktop
files, and it doesn't find any mention of Toolbox.

> Toolbox modules cannot be replaced when they have active clients so it
> must have happened before you ran Transient. However that should have
> led to Transient complaining that 1.53 isn't present.

I've realised that I had mis-remembered what Fred said when I replied
to Chris just now; well, the caffeine hadn't reached the brain cell in
adequate amounts.

I've now looked at the !Run files of all the apps loaded *before*
Transient, and there's no mention there of Toolbox.

> The only way I can see this happening is if the check for Toolbox 1.53
> in Transient isn't executed (BTW are you sure that check is in the !Run
> file?).

Yes, it's there, in !Transient.StartUp.Modules:

RMEnsure Toolbox       0.00 RMLoad System:modules.Toolbox.Toolbox
RMEnsure Toolbox       1.53 Error Transient requires Toolbox 1.53 to
run

and Transient runs happily.

Just as an experiment, I find that MiniTime runs happily on my VRPC
installation, along with Transient. Very weird: Toolbox there reports
itself as 1.78!

As I mentioned at the start of this thread, I don't really have any
use for MiniTime, but trying it has shown that there's something
remiss here, and I'd like to track it down if I can do, though
whatever it is doesn't seem to affect the daily use of the computer.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--