Re: [StrongED] Re: MiniTime on ARMX6

On 22 Dec 2016  David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Peter Young, on 22 Dec, wrote:

>> On 22 Dec 2016  Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> That seems an old version - is it ARMv7 compatible?
>>
>> No idea, but no other app has complained. Transient, which is always
>> running needs, Toolbox. So presumably it is!
>>
>>> My ARMX6 has Toolbox v. 1.57 (18 Jun 2016) in ROM. Why are you using an
>>> old version?
>>
>> Short answer: no idea! An extract of Verma's output is:
>>
>> 105   -       Dormant    Toolbox    1.57
>>   -     98    Loaded     Toolbox    1.52 (17 Jan 2003)
>>
>> but I have no idea why this should have happened.
>>
>> [big snip]
>>
>> I've been enlisting the help of TextSeek, and have found a directory in
>> $.Apps.Bak, no idea how it got there. It contains one Obey file which
>> says:
>>
>> BootRun BootResources:Configure.!UnplugTbox.Resources.UnplugTbox
>>
>> but there's no sign of a directory called !UnplugTbox in
>> Boot.Resources.Configure. Is it likely that this Obey file would be run
>> during start-up? And can I delete it without fear of dreadful
>> consequences? If so, I think the problem is solved. What I don't
>> understand is how that directory and file got there. I must have put it
>> there, but I have no memory of doing so, and can't think of a reason why I
>> should have done.

> Is this the problem http://appbasic.jettons.co.uk/downloads/unplug.zip

> Is there an Toolbox tool in the Configuration window, from double clicking
> on !Boot.

No.

> *show boot* will show all the entries for BootResources:,

*show boot*
Boot$ChoicesRW : SCSI::SSD.$.!BOOT.Choices
Boot$Dir : SCSI::SSD.$.!BOOT
Boot$OSVersion : 520
Boot$Path : SCSI::SSD.$.!BOOT.
Boot$ReadOnly(Number) : 0
Boot$State : commands
Boot$ToBeLoaded : Boot:Choices.Boot.PreDesk
Boot$ToBeTasks : Boot:Choices.Boot.Tasks
Boot$Unique : Local
BootDrv$Dir : SCSI::SSD.$
BootNet$File : Freeway
BootResources$Dir : SCSI::SSD.$.!BOOT.Resources
BootResources$Path :
Boot:RO520Hook.Res.,Boot:RO510Hook.Res.,Boot:RO500Hook.Res.

> RO500Hook would be the place to look.

Looked there with Find and with TextSeek looking in Obey and Desktop
files, and nothing found.

> There should be no UnPlugTbox anywhere on a ROOL system and that obsolete
> ToolBox module needs to be found and kicked off along with any other such
> obsolete toolbox modules.

Indeed, but something somewhere is loading the wrong Toolbox.

many thanks for everyone's suggestions, but the mystery persists.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Ir) and family