Re: [StrongED] Re: MiniTime on ARMX6

On 22 Dec 2016  Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <f22697f255.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What I don't understand is how that directory and file got there.
>> I must have put it there, but I have no memory of doing so, and
>> can't think of a reason why I should have done.

> You must have copied it from an older machine. You must have also put
> the older versions of the toolbox modules into !System for them to be
> loaded.

> The unplug toolbox, which I think actually unplugs all the toolbox
> modules, is a legacy from the early days of the Iyonix (?) for when
> users wanted to run the ROL Select versions of the toolbox in
> preference to those supplied with the Iyonix.

> Since then the ROOL versions of the toolbox have improved, and most
> developers have abandoned using toolbox module features specific to
> the Select versions, even when the Select versions still have
> more/better features that the current ROOL versions.

> There have been hundreds, nay thousands of posts over the years
> picking over the bones of the 'great divide'.

> I think you will find, Peter, that removing the UnplugTBox obey file
> will not have any bad effects.

You are right that it doesn't have any ill effects, bit I removed it,
shut down, and still:

*H. Toolbox
==> Help on keyword Toolbox
Module is: Toolbox         1.52 (17 Jan 2003)

So something else must be asking for 1.52 :-)

Verma still reports the ROM one as being dormant.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Ir) and family