Re: [StrongED] Re: MiniTime on ARMX6

On 22 Dec 2016  Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <0ae781f255.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Module is: Toolbox         1.52 (17 Jan 2003)

> That seems an old version - is it ARMv7 compatible?

No idea, but no other app has complained. Transient, which is always
running needs, Toolbox. So presumably it is!

> My ARMX6 has Toolbox v. 1.57 (18 Jun 2016) in ROM. Why are you using
> an old version?

Short answer: no idea! An extract of Verma's output is:

105   -       Dormant    Toolbox    1.57
  -     98    Loaded     Toolbox    1.52 (17 Jan 2003)

but I have no idea why this should have happened.

[big snip]

I've been enlisting the help of TextSeek, and have found a directory
in $.Apps.Bak, no idea how it got there. It contains one Obey file
which says:

BootRun BootResources:Configure.!UnplugTbox.Resources.UnplugTbox

but there's no sign of a directory called !UnplugTbox in
Boot.Resources.Configure. Is it likely that this Obey file would be
run during start-up? And can I delete it without fear of dreadful
consequences? If so, I think the problem is solved. What I don't
understand is how that directory and file got there. I must have put
it there, but I have no memory of doing so, and can't think of a
reason why I should have done.

My brain still hurts!

Best wishes,

Peter.