Re: [StrongED] Re: MiniTime on ARMX6

On 22 Dec 2016  Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <0ae781f255.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Module is: Toolbox         1.52 (17 Jan 2003)

> That seems an old version - is it ARMv7 compatible?

No idea, but no other app has complained. Transient, which is always
running needs, Toolbox. So presumably it is!

> My ARMX6 has Toolbox v. 1.57 (18 Jun 2016) in ROM. Why are you using
> an old version?

Short answer: no idea! An extract of Verma's output is:

105   -       Dormant    Toolbox    1.57
  -     98    Loaded     Toolbox    1.52 (17 Jan 2003)

but I have no idea why this should have happened.

Also, in Transient's !Run file, there is:

RMEnsure Toolbox       0.00 RMLoad System:modules.Toolbox.Toolbox
RMEnsure Toolbox       1.53 Error Transient requires Toolbox 1.53 to
run

so I have no idea who is asking for 1.52, and Transient runs happily
with 1.52.

MiniTime, in its StartUp.Modules Obey file says:

RMEnsure Toolbox       0.00 RMLoad System:modules.Toolbox.Toolbox
RMEnsure Toolbox       1.53 Error MiniTime requires Toolbox 0.00  to
run

so if I could discover what is asking only for 1.52, and change that
!Run file, presumably MiniTime would run.

My brain hurts! Maybe Fred can make sense of this?

Best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Ir) and family