Re: [StrongED] search mystery -- alpha vs anychar

David Pitt  wrote on 22 Dec:

> Clues, brackets and spaces.
> Oh what fun!

Thanks.  I see that that, in effect, extends the predefined set {AD}
to include space and the openparenth and closeparenth characters.

But I still don't see why the predefined set {.} failed.  I thought it
meant "all characters except newline", and that that would have suited
my purpose OK.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk
   Abbey Press   32 Norbins Rd        (01458) 83 3603