Re: [StrongED] Block saving

In message <0cadfef155.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 21 Dec 2016  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <5f0ff5f155.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> Is it possible to turn off the feature which saves a file called
> >> "block" to the root of the hard drive if you have a highlighted block
> >> and the cursor is in it?
>
> > Yes, you can turn off the automatic block scope for saves in Global
> > Choices -> Block.
>
> > Another (better?) option is to Adjust click on the save icon. This will
> > save the entire file to its original path (hence this only works with
> > loaded texts, not with newly created ones).
>
> Talking of saving newly created texts, if I forget a that a new text
> hasn't yet been saved, and c lick in "Save" in the save box, the text
> gets saved in the root directory. Could this me changed by me, so that
> it gets saved in <Transient$TodayDir> instead?

The only way to do that would be to set the CSD to <Transient$TodayDir>
as the path used to save a text with only leafname is <CSD>.leafname
(tech. the filename is canonicalised and the OS uses the CSD when the
disc and directory name are missing).

It might be a better idea to open the save dialogue when there's no full
pathname available for a text, as the CSD could point anywhere.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20