Re: [StrongED] put-on-clipboard routine

In message <e21decec55.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steve Fryatt  wrote on 11 Dec:
> > Is Boot:Tasks the correct place for it? I'd have thought that
> > System:Modules and load on demand would be safer and less likely to
> > cause confusion in future?
>
> My thinking was that putting it in Boot:Tasks would remind me that
> it's there by my own meddling, if in future Rool includes it in an
> official version.

I've a different approach to that. Next to !Boot there's a pseudo app
called !UserBoot that contains additional things that I want to be run
at boot (eg IcnClpBrd, SmartOpenDir).

It also contains some large directories that I don't want in Boot such
as NewsDir and Transient's temporary directory.

UserBoot has been added to Boot -> Run so it's run on start-up but can
be easily removed when required. The only other thing that's run at boot
is StrongMen which contains a link to an obey file that starts all the
apps that I normally run.

An advantage of doing things this way is that it's easy to start without
much stuff being run, very useful when you need to do some bug hunting.