Re: [StrongED] Re: / Tabs

In message <mpro.oi5ev002t4bik053t.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12 Dec, Tim Hill wrote in message
>     <55ed0a3c71tim@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > In article <mpro.oi18vd0d75u1y01yh.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steve Fryatt
> > <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > The Style Guide gives a number of options, but tabs aren't one of them.
> >
> > Tabs hadn't caught on when they wrote the style guide.
>
> They had by the time the latest guide came out last year (or the year
> before)...

On other OSes but not on RISC OS which might be why the new style guide
doesn't mention them. Does the new style guide say anything about how to
implement a choices window with lots of options?

Personally I find tabs okay as long as there's only a single row of
them. They fit in nicely with the toolbox philosophy as they hide the
complexities of working with nested windows.

The Clipboard module is being used for the same reason - hide the
technical aspects and make the code smaller and easier to read.