Re: [StrongED] / Tabs

On 11 Dec, Jim Nagel wrote in message
    <92c0d4ec55.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Aesthetically and logically, I wish that tabbed dialogues like this were
> standard in RiscOS.  Our more common design (mis)uses radio buttons in a
> strange unintuitive way to mean tabs.  The only other apps I can think of
> that use proper tabs are those by Paul Reuvers, such as !Confix.  (He too
> is Dutch!)

That's because historically developers who tried to use proper tabs in
dialogue boxes used to get "feedback" from users about the creep of
Windows-like features in their applications.

> Should be in the style guide.

The Style Guide gives a number of options, but tabs aren't one of them.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/