Re: [StrongED] Can't crerate an Obey file.

On 11 Dec 2016  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <34ecadec55.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 10 Dec 2016  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Have you looked in the 'Extra modes' submenu at the bottom?
>>
>> Looked at that, and it's greyed out. Also, if I look at the ModeLock
>> file, that also shows only the limited number of modes. I'm back on
>> 4.70a10 now, where I can access the full number of modes

> That suggests that you haven't installed the Obey mode in 4.70a11, same
> for any other missing modes. Please, have look inside 4.70a11 to check.

> The Obey directory in StrED_cfg I expect to only contain configuration
> files but not a ModeFile (StrongED will only list modes for which it can
> find a ModeFile).

> Assuming I'm right, it's just a matter of installing the missing modes.

Would it were so simple! Unfortunately my zipped backup of 4.70a11 has
somehow got corrupted, but I did look to see whether all the mode
files were there, and they were. I'll have another go at running
4.70a11 and customising it.

Well, knock me down with a feather! Did that, downloaded all the mode
files, put them in StrongED, and I can now create whatever I want.

Sorry to have wasted people' time :-(

Best wishes,

Peter.

Best wishes,