Re: [StrongED] Can't crerate an Obey file.

In message <34ecadec55.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2016  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <ace85fec55.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> This is with StrongED 4.70a11 on this ARMX6. I need to create an Obey
> >> file; the Obey mode is in both the correct places in StrongED and
> >> StrED_cfg, but when I do Create File > New File I get a very
> >> restricted list of modes which doesn't include Obey.
>
> > Have you looked in the 'Extra modes' submenu at the bottom?
>
> Looked at that, and it's greyed out. Also, if I look at the ModeLock
> file, that also shows only the limited number of modes. I'm back on
> 4.70a10 now, where I can access the full number of modes

That suggests that you haven't installed the Obey mode in 4.70a11, same
for any other missing modes. Please, have look inside 4.70a11 to check.

The Obey directory in StrED_cfg I expect to only contain configuration
files but not a ModeFile (StrongED will only list modes for which it can
find a ModeFile).

Assuming I'm right, it's just a matter of installing the missing modes.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20