Re: [StrongED] put-on-clipboard routine

Fred Graute  wrote on 10 Dec:
> Plain RO4 doesn't have clipboard support IIRC, RO Select+ do by way of
> the ClipboardHolder module. ClipboardHolder offers 2 SWIs to copy and
> paste data: ClipboardHolder_Copy and ClipboardHolder_Paste.

I was using Ro 4.39 on the RiscPC, so it seems that version has the
required clipboard support.

> This suggests that your script was able to call SWIs so it could be
> changed to work with the Clipboard module, which also provides SWIs
> for copying and pasting: Clipboard_Put and Clipboard_Get.

I'll have to revisit that version of my script (which was written for
me by Julian Fry) to see how he did it.  Ah: his script calls a little
Basic prog that uses   SYS "Clipboardholder_copy",0,&FFF,A%,L%
(where the arguments A$ and L% are set by previous lines, but I dunno
wht the 0 and &FFF are).

Your assembler in the file !Minitime.Source.Taskpart uses SWI &6E000
for Clipboard_put, if I understand aright.  So could I adapt Julian's
Ro4 routine to use  "Clipboard_put"  by name rather than SWI number?
Can't find any specs for it in the Stronghelp manuals supplied with
ArmX6 that cover a lot of other SWIs.

>> [Jim wrote:] Any chance, Fred, that your put-on-the-clipboard
>> technique could be added to the next OS version from Rool?  Or
>> published as a library module or something?

> The Clipboard module is already part of the ROOL sources. However it's
> no longer available for download nor is it in any of the downloadable
> source archives. My request for it to be made part of the ROM image
> was denied.

I'm confused.  Are you saying this clipboard module (or at any rate,
functionality) is or is not there within the Ro 5.23 that I have on
this ArmX6 and 5.22 on the Armini?  I take it that if Minitime is to
work, it must be there.

I must admit that the Rool powers-that-be sometimes come across as
somewhat aloof (shall we say) in verdicts of denial.  (Recognizing
that we're all volunteers in the RiscOS world, let's be gentle.)

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk

--=20