Re: [StrongED] put-on-clipboard routine

In message <2ba90cec55.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fred Graute  wrote on Nov27 in thread "Minitime 1.04 available":
> > ... a Ctrl-click copies the date to the global clipboard
>
> Interesting.  I'd like to know what the technique is here!
> (Found the relevant assembler lines in your Minitime source, but I'm
> not enough of a programmer to understand it.)

It simply uses the RO5 Clipboard module.

> On the RiscPC I had a Datapower script that built a string from
> various fields in my database -- e.g. Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
> -- and put it on the clipboard so that I could then paste it into some
> other app.  Didn't work on the Iyonix or newer machines, because Ro4
> seemed to have clipboard routines that didn't exist yet in Ro5.
> (Please correct me if I'm behind the times now.)

Plain RO4 doesn't have clipboard support IIRC, RO Select+ do by way of
the ClipboardHolder module. ClipboardHolder offers 2 SWIs to copy and
paste data: ClipboardHolder_Copy and ClipboardHolder_Paste.

This suggests that your script was able to call SWIs so it could be
changed to work with the Clipboard module, which also provides SWIs for
copying and pasting: Clipboard_Put and Clipboard_Get.

> Any chance, Fred, that your put-on-the-clipboard technique could be
> added to the next OS version from Rool?  Or published as a library
> module or something?

The Clipboard module is already part of the ROOL sources. However it's
no longer available for download nor is it in any of the downloadable
source archives. My request for it to be made part of the ROM image was
denied.

The module was only partially completed when ROOL published its source.
I completed it to the point where it had full support for the clipboard
(the module's other aim was to provide support for Drag-and-Drop).